So here is my first actual filler week. I made myself a new sketchbook caddy that was full of fail and sad. I used the pattern found at clevergirl.org for the Norma Envelope clutch. Basically, the idea was to have something smallish that could hold my bare essentials, and keep my sketch supplies well organized.
What I wound up with was an entirely different matter. I am no stranger to sewing, so a bag shouldn’t be all that hard, but tri-fold assemblies have never been my strong suit.
Here are photographs of the immense fail of this bag:
A list of some of it’s faults:
- Main pocket does not hit bottom of bag
- Main pocket goes past top of bag
- Strap for pen clips is to short to use
- Tiny eraser and sharpener pockets to low to use
- Horrible piping
- Terrible side seams
- Dreadful closure
- Somehow, the nice picture I took of the front of the bag managed to fail in transit.
Though even considering all of those faults, It is an easy bag to carry around, and it does fit all my business nicely.
Fear not readers – I am slowly working on some pieces of actual art that I am happy with. Just biding for time to do them the justice they deserve.